Y Contact ME
amaryllis_1206 (at) yahoo.com.sg
Y
Lets SPIT it out!
Y Archives
Spotted this while reading the Newpaper.
Bet you didn't know this
-It is physically imposssible for you to lick your elbow.
-No piece of paper can be folded to half more than seven times
-Venus is the only planet which rotates clockwise
-Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning
-The king of Hearts is the only king without moustache
-The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a subsitute for blood plasma
-Pearls melt in vinegar
-A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why
-Turtles can breathe through their butts
-Elephants are the only animals that can't jump
-Women blink nearly twice as much as men
-A snail can sleep up to 3 years
-Most dust particles in your house are dead skin
-Mosquitoes repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they do not know your are there
-Almost everyone who reads this will try to lick his or her elbow.
Well..... I didn't :)
Oh yah! I got this recipe for Brownies while I was teaching. :) I really wanna bake brownies one day. When I have the time.... that is... Think I will type it here... incase I throw my recipe away again.
125g Flour, sieved (btw, is it Plain, corn or bread flour??)
400g Castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
125g Walnuts, chopped coarsely
4 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla essence
125g butter
125g unsweetened cooking chocolate
Chocolate Icing:
100g Unsweetened chocolate
100g Butter
2 tbsp finely chopped walnuts
Grease and line a 23cm x 33cm x 3cm high baking tray
Preheat oven 180'C
1) Break chocolate in pieces and put into a saucepan over a pot of simmering water and stir mixture until smooth. Remove pan and leave to cool
2) Whisk eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Fold in the chocolate mixture with a metal spoon, then fold in the sifted flour and chopped walnuts
3)Pour into the greased tray and smooth the top. Bake for 22-25 mins till firm. Cool in the tray
4)Combine chocolate and butter for icing in a small saucepan. Melt over simmering water. Stir until mixture is smooth
5)Spread on top of the cooled cake. Allow abt 15 mins for icing to set.
Cut brownies into square/rectangles. Garnish with a little chopped walnet.
Hehehe. Feel like baking manz. I love eating brownies. Btw that was for 26-30 pieces
Amaryllis blogged at Thursday, May 12, 2005